Wednesday, 11 June 2014 13:05
Local Rule 8 EFiling - Implementation Monday, June 16, 2014
Click Here to view Local Rule 8 EFiling; Click Here to view EFiling FAQs
Chief Judge Vanessa G. Whipple and the Judges of the Louisiana Court of Appeal, First Circuit, are pleased to announce the institution of voluntary electronic filing beginning on Monday, June 16, 2014. EFiling will be available as one of the services offered through EClerk's Counter, located on the left side menu of the First Circuit's website.
The process to EFile at the First Circuit will be simple and streamlined:
• Register with EClerk's Counter
• Select EFiling from the EClerk's Counter services menu
• Select a document type with an applicable filing fee or a document with no filing fee
• Upload the document in PDF format
• Checkout ($5.00 copying charge on ALL EFilings, regardless of whether a filing fee is applicable or not)
EFiled documents must be submitted in accordance with the newly adopted Local Rule 8. Local Rule 8 provides that the uploaded documents must be in PDF format with an electronic signature. In addition, for EFiled documents, a "declaration" is allowed to substitute for an affidavit when an affidavit would otherwise be required under the Uniform Rules of the Courts of Appeal. In all other respects, the content and format of an electronically filed documents will have to comply with the Uniform Rules.
The Clerk's Office can be reached at (225) 382-3000 to answer any questions or concerns about the new EFiling service.
Last Updated on Monday, 16 June 2014 07:31